Ask and You Shall Receive....

I consider myself a spiritual person, but not a zealot. I'm also not someone that easily believes what they see, read, or hear. I wouldn't consider myself new age, and I start to gloss over when people mention religion.

That being said, I firmly believe we are all connected and there is something much bigger (and better?) than what we can see/understand.

Not long ago, my dad said he wanted me to watch a video. It was The Secret. When he first told me about it, I thought; "OMG, here we go again."

And in a lot of ways, I was totally warranted in thinking that. If you haven't heard about "The Secret," I'm about to spoil it for you. The jist is that you receive and send out energy. If you send out negative energy, it's what you get. And if you send out positive energy, that's what you get.

The movie focused a bit on achieving success and getting there by believing it. Some may call it meditating. Some call it praying. Some call it consciousness. Whatever you call it, it's pretty much the same.

Much to my dismay, my dad's ultimate goal (as always) was to get rich and get revenge. And with that attitude, I knew he wouldn't achieve his goals. But it did get me thinking....

I send a lot of thoughts/prayers/whatever out there and a lot of times it comes back to me. I've created a lot of negative situations for myself, and a lot of good.

Last year the Autumn Blaze maple that I had been dreaming of, all but fell into our yard. I had hopes of growing black raspberries and grapes, only to have them wildly spring up in my yard. As I was daydreaming about a shopping spree at TJ Maxx, they contacted me and offered me $50 to spend on whatever I wanted. I could go on and on....

And then...I began our big construction project. I know a thing or two about money, but amazingly, every individual item has fallen right into my projected budget. And as I was drawing up design sketches, I started imagining how I wanted each room to look.

I drew this for the guest bedroom:
I make no claims as either an artist or designer, but I had been thinking hard about a ceiling tile decor project I saw on My Backyard Eden. FYI - she does amazing DIY projects (and she's a runner who gardens and cooks) :)

The relevance is that I received these in the mail today. Completely free and completely unasked for.
It's exactly what I wanted. With some paint (and a lot of luck) it will be a beautiful piece of art above our guest bed. Before you hate me for all the "free stuff" that shows up on my door, keep in mind that it's not just peaches and cream around here. For as many things that turn out right, I have my share of things that turn out badly. I just try not to focus on them.

And I try not to focus on what I don't want (in general) because that's eventually what you get if you focus on it.

8 comments:

singedwingangel said...

Ya know I do this very thing.. I realize what I put off is what I get in return.. I see myself debt free, monetarily set. Not because I want to show someone up but because I am promised to be blessed to bless others. Plain and simple.

J. L. W. said...

I love your attitude. It reminds me of the saying, "what goes around comes around". You get what you give.

blueviolet said...

Positive thinking really does help, doesn't it? I need to start thinking that about my house selling! It's gonna sell, it's gonna!!!

Melissa said...

I got these ceiling tiles for free a couple years ago and spray painted them with stone looking textured spray paint and hung them on a long living room wall. I can't wait to see what you do with them!

Elisav said...

Hi, Angela. I'm a new follower and I wanted to introduce myself before leaving a comment.

I recently started a small business. I didn't mean to start a small business, it just kind of happened. I'm running my tiny business on the side, but continue to work full time at my regular job. My husband started a sales job recently that pays on 100% commission, and after six months we have yet to see his first paycheck.

Sometimes at night when I'm trying to fall asleep I see him succeeding in his job SO VIVIDLY I almost feel certain it will come to pass. I also see us buying a house in the suburbs and not having to worry about communting because his success will allow me to take my tiny business and make it my full time job.

While I do believe positive energy breeds positive outcomes, I also believe that even outcomes that we perceive as negative because they don't fit our expectations of reality are in fact, well, blessings in disguise. So we'll see if my visualization pans out - I'll be sure to keep you posted. And if I get ceiling tiles in the mail instead, I'll be sure to let you know about that as well!

Luvdaylilies said...

Angela,
I enjoyed your post! I'll send good vibes your way in hopes that you'll dream big & be blessed at every turn=) Keep us posted!

Younger Sister said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

They'll just be on the wall - artistically. I'll be painting them to look like metal/stone

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...