Recession Proof your Wardrobe?

In an effort to save money (and reallocate my budget toward organic groceries) I stopped buying clothes and accessories for myself. It's been an interesting few months as I've bypassed sales racks and the jewelry section all together. But I've saved money.

Just when I was dreaming of running off to TJMaxx and going on a wild shopping spree, I got an email from them. I'm not kidding! They were offering me $50 to spend at TJMaxx and Marshalls to see if I could snag any great fashion deals. How did they know? I told you this world is a crazy place!

I gotta tell you, I would have went for free. ;) Just the mere suggestion would have sent me to get my car keys. But sending me with $50 to spend was so much better.

I happen to live just a few miles from both stores, so I headed out and filled up my shopping cart.

I went in the dressing room over and over again with the maximum number of items. I tried on jeans, tops, shoes, scarfs, dresses, and skirts. And even though I had mad money to spend, I checked prices. Diligently.

I found an awesome pair of Seven Jeans at a steal of deal, but alas, they didn't fit just right. I was so close....to joining the club, lol. But here's what I did find.
A super cute black top (it looks so much cuter on!) and a pair of skinny jeans. You heard right - skinny jeans!
Another pair of jeans and a white shirt (an always welcome staple!)

In case you can't see the prices, I took a close up for you. This was the going price for jeans at both TJMaxx and Marshalls. I was shocked. It's been awhile since I've had to buy my own jeans (thanks to a former shopaholic sister - Thanks Steph!)

I may have bought jeans sooner if I had known they were this great of a deal. Especially during times of weight fluctuation. Do you know how long I dealt with jeans cinched as tight as a belt could cinch that still fell down. Don't hate me for losing weight. Hate me because I looked like I had a dump in my pants!

If you're dealing with pants that don't fit - honestly, they were $12.99 people!! TJMaxx repeatedly says their prices are 60% less than department stores. $12.99! You do the math.

I did pay $5.99 for a white t-shirt. To me, that's a good deal. Much like my sneakers (my sisters and husband have my permission to roll their eyes,) white tees are a staple in my closet. I'm positive that I could buy a pack of men's t-shirts for less, but B-A-R-F. Men's clothes fit like men's clothes.

I came away from the store feeling like I had found some great bargains. And I had 2 pair of jeans that actually fit. Mission accomplished.

*Disclosure: I was given $50 in gift cards to shop at TJMaxx and Marshalls for this review. This did not sway my opinion and all opinions are my own. I do regularly visit both TJMaxx and Marshalls even when not asked or paid to do so.

5 comments:

JDaniel4's Mom said...

You did so well! It must have been fun shopping!

Elise said...

well done you !

Busy Working Mama said...

Good morning! I gave you a blog award:

http://busyworkingmama.blogspot.com/2010/03/thank-you-for-blog-awards.html

Jessica-MomForHim said...

What a fun shopping spree! $12.99 is a great price for jeans--I'll need some after baby is born so I'll have to remember this. Do they have any without rips? I know they'll look cute on you, but I'm not a fashionista, so I just don't understand paying for ripped jeans. ;-)

And you asked "how did they know"? God knew. We've been reading in Matthew about how He takes care of us. So true! :-)

Angela said...

Yep, there were tons of jeans without rips. :) My husband said the exact same thing, but to each his own. Pretty much all of my jeans have rips or holes, but not all are on purpose. lol

It's funny that you say God knew. I just ran out of my non-green toilet cleaners and just as it happened, Seventh Generation sent me a whole green cleaning set. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...