A Cheap and Easy way to Teach the story of Easter

Every Easter, we hide eggs for our children to find. I put together this set of "resurrection eggs" for my children so they could learn and have fun. After they find all the eggs, they get the opportunity to tell me what each piece in their basket means. If they get it right, they get a chocolate coin. My kids love chocolate and coins, so it's a win-win.

You can easily make your own resurrection egg set from every day household objects or printouts from the internet.

Here are the contents of our eggs:
Nail
Cross (I made ours by tying twigs together with a ribbon)
Sponge (our is a section of cut kitchen sponge)
Spear (cut toothpick)
Stone
Empty
Palm Leaf (a piece of a fake plant)
Cup (cut out picture)
Praying hands (cut out picture)
Coins (dimes inside a small satchel)
Crown of thorns (made courtesy of of our raspberry canes)
Leather
We also use a velcro set to tell the story. It's a fun, interactive way to make the story more kid-friendly.

5 comments:

erin, maker of chimes said...

Great idea--I'm going to save this for when ours get a little older!

Frugal Vicki said...

What an awesome idea! I am printing this up and putting in my idea book for future reference!

Tracie said...

Thanks for the reminder, we did this one year when I was a kid and I had totally forgotten about it until now! I will definitely do it this year with my daughter! =)

Jessica-MomForHim said...

I wrote numbers on each egg with a Sharpie so the kids can tell which eggs come first as they tell the story. It works really well and they LOVE to take turns hiding the eggs for each other, then finding them and taking turns telling the story.

Ellen said...

My friend and I did this for our children when they were littler.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...