Blueberry Apple Crisp

Whenever I hit a big apple sale, I either make apple rings, sauce apple crisps. Below is a recipe for my favorite apple crisp - Blueberry apple crisp. I make my apple crisps with less crisp than most people (half to be exact.) So if you like a lot of the crispy topping, feel free to double the crisp portion of the recipe. You can adapt this recipe by swapping out almost any fruit. I like to make peach crisps, and all sorts of apple/berry combinations.

Blueberry Apple Crisp (with half the crisp - double all but the fruit if you light a lot of topping)
3-5 Apples
1 cup of blueberries (frozen is fine)
3/4 cup flour (I use half whole wheat, half all purpose)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup melted butter

Peel and cut enough apples to fill the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle with blueberries. Mix the remaining ingredients. It should be crumbly. Press the mixture onto the apples. I usually just dump it on, but my husband stamps it down tight. Bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes. Until the apples are soft and the crisp is slightly browned.

If I'm making this for just me and the kids, I'll half the butter and sugar and add in some shredded coconut, pecans, or walnuts. It's easily adaptable. So have fun with your fruits and make them into a tasty crisp before they become over ripe.

2 comments:

Brodie said...

You have an award at http://1princeand3princesses.blogspot.com/2010/03/another-award.html

Midday Escapades said...

I love crisp desserts. A dollop of vanilla ice cream and I'm set. Thanks for sharing!

Lynn

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...