How would a new Smart Phone change your life?

Verizon and JuiceBoxJungle sponsored me to write this post, and they asked me to talk about the ways that smart phones affect my life as a parent.

This is the image that comes to mind whenever someone mentions Me and Phones in the same sentence. I'm a dinosaur when it comes to technology and legitimately use the cheapest pay-as-you go phone.

Why don't I have a super cool, new smart phone? I'm sure I could find one for a great deal (*wink* there's a hot deal in the juicebox widget on the right) but there is ONE super big reason why I don't have one.

I'm a drop-a-holic. Back in my working days, I used to have a palm and in the middle of an important sales meeting, I dropped it on the ground. It broke, the batteries flew out, and I had lost all of my important contacts, appointments, and agenda. It was a bad day.

When I was pregnant with my son, I dropped my high tech cell phone into the toilet. Yes, it was after I already used the toilet. Yes, I fished it out. Yes, I tried with all my might to repair it. But it was a loss.

I drop phones, I drop dishes, I drop computers, I drop children.... Wait a minute. I haven't dropped a child, but I did "drop" myself down the stairs while carrying my daughter. She was protected but I ended up in a month long leg brace. Barf.

But seriously, if I could stop ruining electronics, I would love to have a smartphone. Do you know what I'd do with it? I'd store pictures and names for everyone I know. Plus all their numbers, kid's & husband's names, and birthdays...all the stuff I tend to forget. And I'd become addicted to Twitter (but that's another story.)

I have a serious case of "Mommy Brain" and have forgotten even my really good friends' names. I forget birthdays. I forget playdates. I never call people back and I am so bad at answering email. So much of this would be solved if I had all the info with me at all times in the palm of my hand. As long as I remembered to charge the phone. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldnt live without my blackberry. I can get so much done while I'm out.

Lisa said...

Girl, I can't even tell you the ways my life would change. I don't even have a cell phone right now. How sad is that?!?!?

But, I do have a brand new laptop, so I'm back in the bloggin biznezz! lol

You are the second blogger who talked about Mommy brain today....

Lisa @ All That and a Box of Rocks

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...