Treadmill for Sale!

One of my main mottos is "Use it or Lose it." Obviously that applies physically (muscles and brain cells waste away without use), but I also apply it to stuff.

As soon as my children grow out of something, it's gone within a week. If they stop playing with a toy for an extended period of time, out it goes.

I've recently been on a purging spree, and my kids were so excited to see me giving away my things.

On a routine maintenance trip to the basement (aka my home gym,) my son was staring at the treadmill. He said, "mom, I think you should donate your treadmill. I haven't seen you use it in a long time and keeping it is really just hoarding."

Whoa! In all honesty, I haven't been on the treadmill as much as I used to, but there's no way I'm giving it away, selling it or removing it from our house. I haven't been running because I've been trying to put on weight (Feel free to hate me, but it's not all that easy being a skeleton.) When I hit 112 last month, I felt that I had put on enough weight to exercise intensely again (more on this later) and I hit the treadmill with a vengeance. I missed running! But 12 miles later, I was falling out of my jeans once again and I left the treadmill alone.

Long story short, I've been walking on the treadmill on a regular basis. But I do it while he's at school. So in his mind, I've never used it and it's time for the treadmill to go. Anyone want a seriously used treadmill? lol

3 comments:

Melonie said...

1) I would quite gladly take that treadmill but you're actually getting great use out of it and it'd be a little hard to get it here to Japan. LOL

2) "It's not easy being a skeleton." AMEN AMEN AMEN, girl! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. How often do you get the "so you're, what, anorexic or something, right?" type comments? I lost 30 lbs due to a severe illness back in 1999, and I'm soooo excited to consistently be at 115 now after almost 9 months of weightlifting and power yoga. That's a 4 pound muscle gain and it was HARD fought to get that far. The only other times I've been this "heavy" were during pregnancies.

3) I do love your son's attitude about the hoarding though - my mom and daughter are hoarder types, as is my mother-in-law, so I feel a little outnumbered by the folks who actually save stuff. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm in total agreement. I love to workout but I strugle to keep weight on too. People just don't realize how hard it is at the other side of the scale too.

Here's hoping you can run how you want and not lose any weight. Can you belive someone would say that to you?

JENIE said...

my first time here...from social spark, and whoa you do have wonderful post. you're truly great with words ;)Following you...and i hope you can come visit me too sometime. Maybe be an angel and exchange links with my health blog?
HEALTHINFO@EarthyMe

...and my other blogs too perhaps? ;)
at-a-blink
life round meNyou
heartQUAKES

hoping,
jenie

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...