The Grossest Crochet Mice You've Ever Seen

A few weeks ago, I sent out a tweet saying we put a deposit down on our new cat. I know it's controversial since my son does have allergies, but we are taking a lot of steps to be sure he's okay.

In the mean time, we're getting ready for our new kitty. Last night, I crocheted some mice for her. They were by far my grossest crochet project ever! I just grabbed some yarn and winged it. The really gross one on the left was my first attempt. The second worked out a little better. It's been at least 6 years since I last crocheted or knitted anything and it was kind of nice to see I still knew how. I'm going to find a pattern for any future mouse projects.

Looking for a simple and organized way to store your crochet and knitting needles? Take a look at how I store mine:
All you need is a little bit of fabric and a sewing machine. :) In case you're wondering, this rolls up and ties into a scroll shape.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your needle case.

WCatDD said...

Haha! I think your mice are awesome! If you've got a rowdy cat, they might not last long, so you'll get lots of practice making more. :) You can start a crocheted mouse business! I'll take two please!

Mary said...

The pink and white one is kind of cute, actually. My sister-in-law made a mouse for our cat one year for Christmas that she sewed out of scrap materials (she's a decorator, so this was leftover deep red velvet, pretty rope for its tail, etc.). What we didn't realize at the time was that she stuffed it with dried catnip. It had a tag with our cat's name on it, so we just stuck it under the tree on Christmas eve. Our cat found it and the next morning it was completely shredded and all slobbery. I think it was one his favorite toys of all time, but I could never bring myself to tell her what happened to that mouse that she made. Our cat is a sweetie, though, and I wish you luck with yours!

Tracy DeLuca said...

I love the fact that the one on the left looks like he has been "attacked" already and is bleeding. I think I must be weird.

5thsister said...

Yeah...they're pretty gross all right! But much better than anything I could do as needle arts (other than sewing on a machine) exasperate me and leave me in puddles of tears!

PS...your 2nd attempt turned out mighty fine IMHO.

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Oh that was the funniest thing I've seen all day. I busted out in laughter. My hubby even asked what was so funny. I showed him the picture, and well.....let's just say his facial expression wasn't the kindest. lol You're second try was MUCH better.

Mary said...

Holy cow, you put a DOWN PAYMENT on a CAT? LOL That's the funniest thing I've ever heard! I have 5 of the little darlins' at my house (looking for homes!) that you could have had for FREE! :)

If anyone is in Michigan and is looking to adopt, please feel free to leave your email and I'll be sure you get one!

Angela said...

It seems totally crazy, right? But we are getting a hypoallergenic siberian cat. My son was less reactive to them and my husband didn't react, so we're hoping we can finally own an animal. :)

Nicole said...

I have been trying and trying to crochet and I can't do it. I bought a how to book and still can't. Had my sister give me a quick lesson, still can't do it!!

Angela said...

Nicole - It's all about keeping the thread tight. If you have it in your left hand the right way (and tight enough), it's easy. I wish I could show you how. lol I did see a great tutorial while I was searching for patterns. If I find it again, I'll post it up here.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...