The #1 Secret to Soft Feet

I've tried in vain for at least the last 10 years to have soft, silky feet. I've used lotions, scratchy things, and all sorts of tips. Then it all changed in one internet search. I did a search to see if the Ped Eggwas really all it was cracked up to be (pun intended.)

Thanks to the generous posting of one lovely soul (whose website I have since forgotten, sorry) I now know the real secret to super soft, silky feet.
It has nothing to do with the brand of lotion in the picture (that's just what's on my counter,) but everything to do with HOW you use the foot file. The secret: Use the file dry.

Forgive me if you already knew this but it legitimately took over 10 years for me to figure it out. We've owned every type of foot file, but always used them in the tub or shower. Needless to say, we never made a dent in our dry, scaly feet. Within seconds of using our foot file dry, we had teaspoons full of dead skin. After only a few days of filing my feet dry, I had undone 10 years worth of horrible foot neglect. Now if I could say the same about my face.....

The picture above is of the tools I really use. My file is a store brand file, which I'm just noticing cost more than what Amazonsells the real Ped Egg for. Grrr.... When I'm doing filing, I put lotion on my feet, slap on some socks and run off. Simple, simple.

7 comments:

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

The Ped Egg is kind of a joke in my house. My kids think it's hilarious. They do work though!

Ruby said...

My husband needs this secret badddd ive tried everything on him nothing works but imma give this a try thanks for sharing

Tesa said...

I've heard from others it works wonders, but it just makes me cringe. It looks painful! Is it?

Elise said...

Never heard of it until now ! I swear by L'Occitaine's Foot Butter and I use a Diamancil foot file which lasts forever and costs a bomb.

Angela said...

It doesn't hurt at all. But if you went wild and scraped for a half hour, then you might have some pretty raw feet, lol.

blueviolet said...

I'm going to do it. I have at least 2 inches of death to scrape off!

Anonymous said...

the other thing that works is to slather petroleum jelly on and slip on socks... then sleep with it on.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...