Spending $3.10 made me $100 (cash!)

This week I was given the opportunity to participate in a market research project. The rules: Buy your favorite non-refrigerated dip and be prepared to discuss your grocery shopping habits.

I bought my favorite dip (seen above) for $3.10 and after a quick panel discussion, I was handed a $100 bill. Yippee!

There are 3 big consumer research groups in my area. All of them pay between $40-$200 per research discussion. Two of them pay cash, and one pays in my favorite gift cards (Target!)

Do some web searching and I bet you'll find a few in your area as well. The one I participated in this week calls me at least 4-5 times a month but I usually can't go because my husband is gone.

Once my youngest heads off to school, I plan to sign up for all of these, and maybe teach a fitness course on the side.

6 comments:

WCatDD said...

That's awesome. How long to the research discussions usually take? Are the in person/online/phone?

Angela said...

They are all variable. Some are online surveys, phone calls, taste testing and fill out a survey, or 2 hour in person discussion. This one was a 2 hour in person discussion. It didn't seem like 2 hours though...maybe cuz I was kid free and talking about food. :)

blueviolet said...

I used to do that in Chicago. Around here there isn't anything. You're lucky!

dimes2vines said...

WOW! I would definetly take $50/hr! That is great. Time does fly for me when I'm talking about something I love, like food!

Jessica-MomForHim said...

I got called for a facial tissue study last week and was so excited that it seemed I passed the 5 minute phone questionnaire (and they didn't ask if I was pregnant or nursing, which ALWAYS disqualifies me). She said it paid $150 and she would call me right back. When she called back, she said that group was full. ARGH! SO close! I never get these things. But 2 of my daughters got to participate in one about 6 months ago where they watched a short movie and some commercials, then talked about it, and were paid $50 cash each! That was awesome--except for the mom who said on the way out, "now you can take that $50 you just got and go to Walmart and buy the toy in the commercial!" Yeah right. More like you can have some of it, some is going to church, and the rest is being saved for college. :-)

6p010536ea18b9970b said...

That sounds fun & worth it! What about taxes & such? Also - love your new header add-ins. Very festive.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...