Make your own "You are Special Today" Plate


I'm a big proponent of DIY projects. I've made all of our flower arrangements, all of our drapes, most of our home decor, and all sorts of child related items. This plate is something I made for my children a few years ago for $1.

Yep, you heard that right. $1

I bought a red melamine plate at the dollar store during Christmas time. I had a silver permanent marker at home and I went to town.

We use ours at birthdays and after special accomplishments. Since I'm not sure about putting melamine in the dishwasher or whether my permanent marker would be food or dishwasher safe, we use ours like a charger, and just wash it by hand.

If you happen to be artistically talented (I'm not), then I'm sure you could create something extremely beautiful, for the same $1 or so. Ours simply says "You are Special Today! And Every Day!"

You can see the plate in use on my son's 5th birthday. He got to choose the birthday breakfast, so we celebrated with whole wheat almond waffles, topped with blueberries. :)

If you are interested, Target currently has a 4 pack of red plates for $4 in their holiday decor area. If you have a moms group or a few sisters/friends to split up the pack, it's still just $1 each.



6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing :)

Jamee said...

Popping over from MBC! Now following!

What a cute idea!

Tracy DeLuca said...

LOVE this idea. I may make a set of plates for DDs hope chest (college dorm stuff)... then I can use inspirational quotes! Thanks for sharing!

PS so glad your feed is fixed.

The Jerseymooners said...

This idea also works really well for little kids to make a plate for "Santa's cookies." They can just label it "Santa's cookies" or even write a letter to Santa on the plate.

: )

Margaret said...

That is a great idea!!!

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

Such a cute idea. I love this.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...