Never Underestimate what your kids can do

children's anatomy set
Today I learned that I shouldn't underestimate what my children can do. My son received this anatomy kit for his birthday. When I saw it, I instantly worried about how much work (and mess) it was going to make. So I hid it in the closet for a long time.

My son kept asking about it and I had so many good reasons why we had to wait. But today, all of my conditions had been met (nice day, no bugs, old bucket available...)

My children put this skeleton together almost entirely on their own. They mixed and poured the plaster, popped out the pieces, assembled it correctly, and painted it with fluorescent paint.

Then we hung it in his room where it glows all night long!


5 comments:

Midday Escapades said...

Way to go, kiddos! Great post, Angela. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Cool! What is it called? I know my son would love this.

Angela said...

I don't have the box anymore. :( But my dad bought it at Joann's (of all the stores a Grandpa might venture into, lol).

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

LOL Kids are so great.

I left you an award on my blog.

Rose said...

Kind of scary

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...