Mom's Bed Defense System


I need an alarm system for my bed. Scratch that, I need an electric zapper. Lately, my children have been sneaking into my bed at night.

How can it be that a King sized bed cannot comfortably hold one small mom, and 2 little kids. Well, I'll tell you how.

Because babies travel into a mom's bed with all of their blankets and stuffed animals. And they lay diagonally. When you do finally dig out a space in the bed, their bodies migrate toward you like heat seeking missles.

Arms flail, legs kick, and somehow you wind up without a pillow. Would it have hurt the babies to carry in an extra pillow while they were hoisting their gear? I guess so....

You can watch a funny video below about babies sneaking into parent's beds. You can also view these videos from my sidebar. :)



More parenting videos on JuiceBoxJungle


3 comments:

Mural Maker said...

ok, this goes for grandma's too. Are 2 yr old grandson spends the night about once a week - used to be more often when I cared for him 5 days a week.
So, yes, we have a King-sized bed. However, 2 yr old is 33 lbs, very tall and rarely sleeps w/head on pillow/feet point downward. Every which way.
Then there is Poppy (grandpa) who is 6'4"/320 lbs. And Grandson gets his sleeping habits from Poppy.
THEN - there is dog - L'il Mo is is name, however he's 95 lbs bull mastiff. He pretty much stays at foot of bed.
Me? I'm no slouch @ 5'6" 155 lbs - but I'm relegated to small slip of the bed.
Whew! Glad I got that off my chest!

Amanda said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! I laughed at this, "heat seeking missiles" - so true!

Kat @ measuring my life in l-o-v-e said...

I only have one little girl joining me in the mornings when she wakes up, and she always lays right up against me, while I'm on the edge of the bed.

But also, I enjoy those moments b/c I know she won't want to crawl into my bed forever.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...