How to Cook for Crohn's and Colitis


How to Cook for Crohn's and Colitis: More Than 200 Healthy, Delicious Recipes the Whole Family Will Love

I received this cookbook and and initially thought, "eh...I don't have Chrohn's or colitis...boring!" But then I opened it up, and it was engaging from the beginning to the end. The opening story was both heart warming and motivating.

And the recipes! This cookbook is full of great recipes that are low in saturated fat, and high in natural goodness. There are no artificial ingredients and no gimmicks. Since it is geared toward IBD, they do emphasize less whole grains, but for the rest of us, it's an easy substitution.

I was very happy to find this book full of tasty, healthy recipes. It isn't often you find a cookbook with wholesome, real recipes that is dedicated to lowering inflammation.

As a side note, inflammation is a key contributor to many diseases, not just Crohn's and colitis. It's involved with MS, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, arthritis, and even cardiovascular disease. We could all benefit from a diet lower in saturated fat and increased exercise. :)

No compensation or products were received for this review. All views and opinions are my own.

3 comments:

~Shelley~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Shelley~ said...

(I deleted prior comment..too many typos!!)

I will definately check out this book. My hubby has had IBS all his life, and I think my 9yo daughter may now be starting with it. I have arthritis (among other medical issues) and my 5yo son is autistic with GI issues. I have been thinking lately that I really should change up the way I cook. Thanks for the great review :)

beenomom said...

I am so glad I read this post! My cousing has a severe case of chrons. He is actually in the hospital right now with another flair up. He has almost lost his life twice. I am going to get this for him and his wife. Maybe it will help.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...