Yummy Earth recently sent me some samples of their organic candy. Here are my thoughts:
What I loved about it:
- It tasted great - like candy!
- No Artificial Dyes
- 100% Natural Flavors
- Made from Real Fruit Extracts
- No Corn Syrup or MSG
- GMO-free, peanut-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, casein-free and tree nut-free
- Cool flavors like pomegranate pucker, mango tango, very very cherry, and too berry blueberry
- It looked just like "regular" candy so the kids never questioned it
What I didn't like:
- Even though this is much healthier candy (for us and the Earth,) it's still candy and I had a hard time not eating all of it all at once.
The remedy? I brought some of this great candy with me to our neighborhood harvest party and looked like the coolest mom. Organic candy? Wahoo! My mom friends were impressed. And the kids were happy because their moms actually let them have candy. ;)
If you want to feed your children a "healthier" candy, check out Yummy Earth. They have lollipops (my fave), vitamin C pops, drops, artisan candies, and gummy candies. They taste yummy and are all natural.
Now that I know this type of candy is readily available, I don't think I can (in good conscience) buy other candy again.
Yummy Earth is generously offering a 20% off discount to all Suburban Jungle readers. Just use the code: suburbanjungle to take 20% off your order of $25 or more at YummyEarth.com
This code is good until October 31, 2009. so hurry and get some for Halloween.
2 Suburban Jungle readers will each win 2 bags of Yummy Earth candy (1 organic gummy bears & 1 organic gummy worms)
To enter, hop over to Yummy Earth and leave me a comment about which candy you'd most love to try.
- Blog about this giveaway and leave a comment with your link - 3 entries (leave 3 comments)
- Tweet about this giveaway and leave your twitter status - 2 entries (leave 2 comments, leave 1 comment for each retweet, may be done once each day)
You may tweet the following: Win Organic Candy @suburbanjung http://bit.ly/KIbv2 #giveaway
This giveaway will end October 30, 2009 at 9:00PM EST, winner will be announced here by October 31, 2009.
No compensation was given for this review/giveaway. I did receive candy to sample but this not sway my opinion.