Tootsie Rolls contain Trans Fats!


Candy is bad for you. Big surprise? No, but just recently I actually read the labels on some of the candies we had on hand. So much high fructose corn syrup. So many food colorings and dyes. So much sugar. So many crazy chemicals. But wait....

I expected all that junk. What I didn't expect to see was trans fats!! And in tootsie rolls, of all places. The third ingredient (after of course sugar and corn syrup) was partially hydrogenated soybean oil!

How's that for a Halloween Scare! We had a bunch of these in our house (a favorite parade candy, right?) but not anymore. To the trash they went and now that I'm even reading candy labels, all bets are off!

Happy Halloween everybody! Be careful what you put into your body!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is scary. ha-ha

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Why do all the yummy things have to be bad for us? Doesn't seem fair, does it? ;)

Stopping by from SITS - Happy Saturday Sharefest and Happy Halloween! :)

AMH615 said...

Awww man! I love Tootsie Rolls! :-(

HeartNiki said...

OMG... I ate like 5 of those tootsies tonight. Ahk!

Chels said...

No way! I ♥ Tootsie Rolls. Why can't food companies do better?

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...