Roasted Cherry Tomatoes



This year we had a bumper crop of Cherry tomatoes. And I only had one plant!! I ate them in salads. I ate them plain. I cooked them into pastas. And then....I roasted them. This for me, was what cherry tomatoes were meant to be.

I must have googled "too many cherry tomatoes" or something like that and that's how I first found out about their roasted goodness. And it was so simple too.

Just toss with a bit of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. And roast at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Your oven may be different so keep an eye on them. Roast them until they start to carmelize and dehydrate a bit (a little more than my photo.) I also threw some garlic on the pan, just because. And I used the roasted garlic to make tasty hummus and to add to pasta dishes.

7 comments:

2 Toddlers and Me said...

Great idea! We had too many cherry tomatoes this year too. I've grown quite sick of them. I might try this recipe though. Something a little different.

I like your blog. Found you on Mom Bloggers Follower Group. I'm now following and looking forward to reading more.

Faye @ "GreenOrganicMama.com" said...

Oh that is an awesome idea!! I've been roasting lots of excess veggies from our organic buying club (our coordinator REALLY loves kale... I prefer it in moderation... LOL). I've been making roasted kale chips, collard chips, even spinach chips. Roasted squash is so yummy, and I can't wait to try roasting our extra cherry tomatoes (the ones that have gotten a little too soft for salad).

Thanks for the tip, Angela :D

BTW, I've got another giveaway going!! 3 possible winners this time for some fabulous kids gifts/toys :)

Chat soon!

__________________________________________
Faye @ GreenOrganicMama.com
Simple changes to make every day Earth Day

Jessica-MomForHim said...

We had a cherry tomato plant and a pear tomato plant, plus a big tomato plant, and I never got a "bumper-crop". With 4 girls who love to eat them right off the plants, I rarely got one to eat myself, which means they RARELY made it into the house! I'm not complaining, though. . .I'm glad they're eating healthy food! ;-)

blueviolet said...

I don't like raw tomatoes but I sure love them cooked!

Shannon @ For The Mommas said...

They look delish!
I love tomatoes. They look even yummier cooked!

Carol Betz said...

Roasted tomatoes are the best especially with roasting the garlic. I've been doing this for about a year now. I would love your roasted garlic hummus recipe. By the way love your blog.

Unplanned Cooking said...

My kids love cherry tomatoes! Recipe looks great.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...