Our new pet - Take 2

Our first attempt at domesticating wild insects was a total bust (literally...) Today, we were out walking when my son stopped dead in his tracks to pick up this guy.

He immediately asked "hey, mom....can I keep this?" Why not? It was fuzzy. Not furry for loving but still hardy enough to be taken home and jarred.

Since they need to hibernate in the winter (and I can't stand the idea of putting it in the fridge all winter,) he'll be moving back outdoors in a few days. But until then, we have our first pet. A woolly bear caterpillar.

8 comments:

Rags&Bags said...

Cute but a bug nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

Just a smidge ewy

Laura said...

I remember those!! Cool~~

laura

Mybde.blogspot.com

blueviolet said...

LOL, good luck!

Mrs. Call Me Crazy said...

Oh my gosh! I haven't seen a fuzzy catepillar in years! How fun for your son!

I love your blog design!

Thanks for the follow. I am following you now.

Meredith @LifesCrazyJoke.com

Katie said...

Thanks for the follow :) I haven't seen one of those furry little caterpillars in years!

Lee the Hot Flash Queen said...

You are a better mom than me! I would have screamed, ran and said NO WAY!

Michele said...

So cute!!!
Did he name him???

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...