Necco Wafer Review

Halloween is fast approaching and do you know what halloween means to me? Candy, candy, candy! Even though we don't actually celebrate Halloween, we still end up with tons of candy.

In the spirit of eating a more "natural" diet, I've been reviewing some "all natural" candies lately.

One of those is Necco Wafers. Do you remember those? Well....they've gone all natural.

My thoughts:
- They tasted exactly how I remembered them - yummy
- My kids loved the coin shapes and traded them like money
- I had no idea they made a chocolate necco wafer. It's my new tootsie roll substitute (find out why later in the week.)
-I hope they keep with the natural trend and make their valentine hearts all natural too. :)

No compensation was given for this review. I was given a bag of individually wrapped necco wafers which I sampled and then donated the rest to our local dance studio for their halloween parties.

8 comments:

Midday Escapades said...

They sound wonderful. Thanks for sharing this with us and the wafers with the local dance studio.

Kathy@strawberryseeds.net said...

I just adore your site and hope you don't mind that I left you an award on my site and a link to you too. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

i haven't had these in years. good to know their au natural now.

Angela said...

I've recently decided to give away the things I receive for reviews...as much as possible. If I eat something, then I will donate the value. But if the item is still in good working condition, goodwill picks up at my house once a month. :)

Manoel José de Santana(Manoel Limoeiro) said...

I really enjoyed this beautiful space friend. I will keep you visiting. A hug Limoeiro Manoel de Recife-PE.
Food blogs below:
http://www.comunidaderecife.blogspot.com/
http://www.manoellimoeiro.blogspot.com/

Recife-PE., October 29, 2009. thursday

blueviolet said...

I remember the licorice flavored ones and that's all I remember about those. Nice to know they've gone natural.

Bethany said...

Oh my gosh, I haven't had Necco wafers in years, probably! I might have to buy them next time I go to the store :)

Lisa said...

I've never heard of Necco wafers. Are they a regional item? I can't imagine anything, natural or not, taking the place of a tootsie roll! lol


Lisa @
All That and a Box of Rocks

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...