Let your Kids have the Sunday Paper (once you've swiped the coupons out!)

Every week, we get the Sunday paper. And every week, it's the same. I pull out the crossword puzzle, the sudoku, the ads, and the coupons, and I ditch the rest. So wasteful.

To be fair, I recycle the paper. And sometimes I reuse it - if composting counts as reusing.

But a few weeks back, we really reused the paper. Check out a few of the crafts my kids made using the newspaper:


My 3 1/2 year old made this school bus, complete with wheels (notice how she drew circles and cut them out.)

And the team effort:

A totally cool fort made entirely of newspaper and tape. It lasted for days - well, until my husband plowed it down and threw it in the recycling bin. :)

5 comments:

Frugal Vicki said...

That is too cute! I actually stopped getting the paper and went to online coupons due to the whole wasting issue, but I may snag my parents paper to do that fun stuff!

Transparent Mama said...

So very clever. I love it.

Laura said...

I buy the newspaper on Sundays as well for all the same reasons you do..but I dont compost or have kids to create something out of the waste..so mine truly is wasted..I wish I knew of some cool craft to use them for..it is a shame to just throw it away..
Love the circles on the square pieces..smart kid!

Laura
mybde.blogspot.com

Jessica-MomForHim said...

My girls said, "cool, can we do that?" Fun idea!

blueviolet said...

I love the fort! I'd be pretending those were laser beams! (I know, I'm a fool.)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...