Homemade Salsa - From the Garden


This year we were blessed with endless tomatoes. :) And this is the first time I made Salsa! It was so good, and so fresh!

Want a quick recipe?

Chop up the following:
3 tomatoes (any kind, but if you use anything but romas, you may need to drain the juice.. no worries, save it for a soup recipe)
1 small onion
1-3 jalepeno peppers (start with one, and leave the seeds in if you want it hot!)
1/2 a cup of fresh cilantro
1 green pepper

Add 1 tsp salt and 2 tsp lemon juice

Mix it up and let it settle in the refrigerator for about an hour. Then enjoy it. You can mix up any combination of the above ingredients or add a few others. Garlic would probably be great! No matter what you add, it will most likely taste fresh and wonderful!

13 comments:

Lee the Hot Flash Queen said...

I think even I can make that...how do you drain the juice??

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

Yum! I love salsa!

Angela said...

If you use romas, there won't be much juice. But our's were juicy and we just poured some of it out (to use in soups or sauces). :) So easy.

independentmami said...

Looks good. MBC follower, thanks for the follow.

A Mom After God's Own Heart said...

Yummy!

You have 2 blog awards awaiting you on my blog:)

Telecommuting Mom said...

I used to make salsa all the time and have not done it in forever. Will have to try this. I also love making guacamole. Thanks for following from MBC, I am following on twitter as well.
http://telcommutingmommies.blogspot.com
Alaina

Vhiel said...

thanks for the follow... following your blog too!

charlene said...

thanks for following me, i am following you back.
the MS is doing great. no symptoms since before i was preg...she is now 5mths old. so i am very happy about that. When will you know for sure with yourself?

Michele said...

Yum...my!!!
The one thing I love almost as much as Brad, is salsa!!
This looks awesome!

Nicole said...

I am definitely going to have to try this, it looks great!

I have a blog award waiting for you on my blog!

Stacie said...

This looks really good. I would love to try to make fresh salsa. I am going to have to write this one down.

I have an award for you on my website. You can find it here: http://supermommytotherescue.com/awards-3

blueviolet said...

That looks so refreshing!

Unplanned Cooking said...

I love homemade salsa! I wish we still had tomatoes in our garden, but now our yard is covered with snow.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...