A baby is born!

Four years ago, my sister gave me my 1st houseplant. And amazingly, it has survived. It's the spiderplant in the picture above.

When I went to her house, she had saucers full of baby plants. So she gave me one. I was clueless so she even supplied the pot and the dirt. :)

The plant hung on with me through feast and famine, and through a move. And just this week, for the first time in it's life....it has made a baby. I'm so proud. You can see it in the top right section of the plant.

This summer, I moved the plant from our laundry room into our kitchen. Every time I find a cup with water left in it, I give it to the plant before tossing the cup in the sink. I think it's made all the difference.

Now to transplant the baby without my husband finding it and killing it. :(


5 comments:

AMH615 said...

Awww.. a sweet baby! I just brought in 4 plants for the winter. I'm sure at least one or two won't make it!

I found you through MBC and I'm now a follower!

Teresha@Marlie and Me said...

I am so clueless about plant life. I did not know they could spawn!!!
thanks for visiting Marlie and Me!

HeartNiki said...

I have a black thumb! Lol. Spider plants are so cute. I love the little babies.

aggie said...

Congrats "Granny". Now just give that baby the same love you gave it's mommy.

Christi said...

That's awesome! Houseplants are good for you too. They help clean the air. I'm a mad propigator of my houseplants (up over 100 now) I constantly make babies from my spider plants to give to friends. They make great housewarming and hostess gifts.

Hope your thumb stays green!

Christi
FatBottomBLOG

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...