What will you do when your kids go to school?

My son is off to kindergarten today! I'm a bit nervous, but happy for him at the same time. We worked all summer to learn to read and he's ready to go to school and play with his friends. But this gets me thinking....it will be just 2 years and my daughter will be off to school.

What will I do with all that free time? Ideally, I'd sleep and workout...and catch up on cleaning and other household projects. But eventually, I'm going to need to get a job.

At first, I think I might get a job at a bakery. Maybe they could teach me how to make some fantastic bread? Once I've mastered bread baking, I'd want to teach an older person's aerobic's class. Why an elderly class? 2 reasons: I wouldn't be embarrassed to be in a swimsuit and their classes seem so slow and simple. Maybe I could motivate them to kick it up a notch?

Eventually I'll have to get a real job, but what can a mom do that allows you to be home by 3 and take the summer off? Any suggestions? I like to plan things in advance so I'm ready when it happens but I'm still at a loss for that elusive mom-job. I'd love to hear any advice you may have.

5 comments:

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

I'd give my left arm to be home while he's in school )

Katie said...

I hope I NEVER have to work again. It's been three years since I quit to stay home and the thought of going back brings on more stress than I care to think about. I intend to homeschool, so I really don't see me ever working outside the home again....Lord willing. Become a personal trainer! I used to be one. It's a great job, especially if you can make your own hours depending on what club you work at.

Jessica-MomForHim said...

Teaching preschool at our old church (where you got married) was great! Part-time, done by 3, and summers off! I'd go back there in a heartbeat if I weren't homeschooling and living in a different state.

There are lots of part-time jobs you could do. Think about what interests you and go from there. There are also lots of work from home options.

Kassandra Wood said...

Hi! I work at a physician's office. We are open 12 hours a day, so I split a shift with a college student. I work from 7:40-1:40 and she works 1:40-8:00! I do not have summers off, however there are always plenty of activities for the children, and I find that the grandparents feel honored to be able to spend time with their grandbabies while I work a few hours. :0) My next door neighbor works as a substitute at the elementary school, she is off every day that her children are out of school. I hope I've helped! ~Kassandra

Angela said...

Thanks Kassandra, That is helpful. It's good for me to explore all options so I'm ready when they are. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...