Shopping for 4 - Under $23!



This week's grocery total came to $22.96. A 65% savings. Surely, you're thinking a family can't survive on just what I bought this week. And you're right. But there is a method to this madness.

There's a reason why I bought 5 boxes of crackers, 5 boxes of cereal, 4 packages of deli meat, and 10lbs of apples. ;) They were either free or close to it.

I try to only buy what's on sale and if it's a really great deal, I stock up on it. Check out last week's shopping to see one of my stock up days (I spent $82!!! For $239 worth of food!)

Our pantry and freezer are full of things saved when they were on extreme discount.

My main pantry stock up items are noodles, canned tomatoes, beans, baking supplies, crackers, snack items, dried fruit, nuts, and cereal.

Our freezer is stocked full of salmon, LOTS of frozen berries, tomatoes, veggies, bread, cheese, and meats.


4 comments:

cristiniscouponcrazy said...

thats amazing!!!

Kristin said...

Wow! That is how it is done!!

Laura said...

I certainly need to learn to lower my grocery bill. I used to buy a week's worth of groceries for around $65.00, with gracery prices the way they are, it is now closer to $100 & I hate that.

Mama Plays Mozart said...

This is really amazing -I've never been really good at shopping, but I'm trying to get better.
I've started using our freezer a lot more and it really makes a difference. I'll need to come back and read more of your blog for all the latest tips!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...