Our new pet!


Today my son was so excited to find 2 of these beauties in our garden. He was so happy and immediately started gathering food and supplies to make them a home.

He rejoiced at "finally being able to have a pet!" Since he has so many allergies, pets are out of the question. And although he may not be allergic to rodents, I am allergic to their beady little eyes.

So we started preparing a home for our new slugs when all of a sudden I heard him cry out "mom, part of their bodies are coming off!"

He had been smoothing them and showing them love, but their poor little bodies couldn't take it. And our venture into pet ownership ended....just like that. Phew!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ICK! That's a rude pet!

Mrs. Buys More and Mr. Saves A. Lot said...

Well, as "gross" as that may seem to some of us ... he was probably very sad he lost his "pets". It's so hard for children that want pets but suffer from allergies. He won't settle for a goldfish? lol!

Future Mama said...

Aww, CUTE!!! Loving your blog! Stopping by from MBC (even though I'm not a mom, so I hope they don't kick me out) to say hello! You have an adorable blog :) I'm a Future Baby Makin' Machine, trying to prepare to become a mommy! Hope you'll share your wisdom with me!

Anonymous said...

totally gross

Shelby Making Cents said...

I almost peed in my pants! That is so very sad but (the way you wrote it) hilarious at the same time. I'm so sorry for the loss of your "pets".

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

So what do slugs eat? I'm not sure I would know how to prepare a home for one.

Too bad...having a slug for a pet could have been an interesting adventure.

Angela said...

Well...they eat my strawberries. :( And I found them on my basil today. So I'm guessing a steady diet of garden goodness. ;)

Emelie said...

so sad :( some animals don't make very lovable pets for sure. What about an ant farm? Just warn him about letting them out! As for me I'd rather keep such things outdoors! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...