I Joined the Shredding Revolution!

If you've been around the mommy blogosphere, you've probably noticed that quite a few moms have jumped on the "shred wagon." After much inner debate, I was finally convinced while reading one mom's blog as she described "walking push-ups" and that her "a$$ cheeks were sore."

Actually, it was the last part that got me. I'm almost never sore anymore. When I first started actively working out (over a year ago, can you believe it?) I used to be sore. But I only get sore now when I do some extreme turbulence training or run more than 4 1/2 miles with hills.

So....I caved. And I bought The 30 Day Shred. I bought it used on ebay for $7. When it arrived at my house, it was clear that the DVD itself had been shredded. lol But it played fine.

I instantly recognized the level 1 video. I've did it once before when it was free on exercise tv. But I decided to follow the rules and start with level 1.

My thoughts? It's a good workout. Short and tough, like a level 1 turbulence training, but not so lonely (if you count the girls on the tape as company.) But honestly, it may be too easy for me.

For one, the ab exercises were way too easy, so were the butt kickers and jumping rope. My only challenge is that I just ran 4 miles yesterday so my legs are a little tight. So doing lunges and squats (even when I do them on my own) are tough on my already over used legs. :) My legs may be tired tomorrow, but my body won't ache and my "cheeks" will NOT be sore.

I will run tomorrow, and then shred again Thursday. But I'm skipping level 1. I need to get to the walking pushups. And somehow, I need to figure out how I'm going to shred 3 times a week, and run 3 times a week. Plus, I want to keep some yoga.. Grrrr... So much awesome exercise, so little time.... Oh yeah...then there's the other mom responsibilities. ;)

If you are not a big exerciser, The 30 Day Shred(or check out turbulence training on youtube for free) will be a great tool to get you in shape. Make that whip you into shape! It's a girlier version of turbulence training and your body should respond well to it.

I'll update on the other levels as I get a chance to write it out. Oh...and if you want to get really extreme, read her book Making the Cut. I loved it, but realized I didn't want it that bad. :) I just want to be healthy and don't care about being cut (all that much.)

No products or compensation were given for this review. I bought the dvd myself. :)

13 comments:

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Hi there,
I actually have this video and only have done it once! Maybe I'll pull it out again. I'm a runner too, but I need some upper body and strength stuff too!

Glad I stopped by from SITS!

Helen McGinn said...

Stopped by from SITS, shredder sounds like just what I need! x

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

I've never tried the "shred". Good luck with it! And may your a$$ cheeks be sore once again. I'm not sure that came out right, but you know what I mean...:)

Hope you have a geed week! (visiting from SITS)

- Margaret

HEATHER @ runfastermommy! said...

I love Jillian!! (found your blog through mommy momo!)

A Mom After God's Own Heart said...

I found you on MBC and now following you:)

Midday Escapades said...

Hey, Angela- I've been holding out on this one, but I may have to give in, too.

I wanted to let you know I am giving you a blog award. When you get a minute come by and pick it up! :0)

http://middayescapades.blogspot.com/2009/09/who-me-couldnt-be.html

blueviolet said...

You know I hate you just a little bit for saying that it might be too easy for you.

Angela said...

Blue Violet, LOL I only did level 1, and I had done it before (just didn't realize it). If it makes you feel better I've run through 2 pairs of shoes already this year and have stared at a basement wall for countless hours.

Plus...I Have to work out or my arms/legs go numb and I start forgetting things. So at least after a year of non-stop "fitness" it's gotten a little easier.

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

Good luck with the Shred. I much prefer running to the Shred.

Transparent Mama said...

I've never heard of shredding. I am so out of it. Maybe it can get my post baby bod back in shape.

Anonymous said...

As a first-time user, I'm enjoying the shred and the noticable and quick results! (Despite my weird aversion to Gillian Michaels usually...) I've seen your pics and heard about your exercise before, so I'm not surprised level one was easy for you! : ) Good for you!

Saoder said...

Willow Blossom

Jessica said...

Oh gosh......anything would make me sore right now. Haven't done much of anything since my daughter was born 9 months ago. (That's hard for me to say, because I *used* to be in great shape.)

Visiting from SITS.....have a wonderful weekend!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...