Gaining weight is hard to do....

Well, it had to be done. I needed a plan to gain a little weight. So, I cut back on running again (to just once a week) and focused more on strength training. I also let my insatiable appetite for hummus and almond butter go wild.

I stayed off of the wii for about a month and here are the results:


I gained 3 pounds. Now, I have to be completely honest here. When I first saw the 3 pound gain, the girl inside of me wanted to scream. I gained 3 pounds!!?!?!?  Nobody tries to gain weight, right??

But truth be told, I was getting a little skeletal. TMI? Yep, but it's true. So I resolved to gain a little weight. And I choked down the 3 pound gain as healthy, and tried my best not to add up how many extra calories I must have eaten.

I'm not a calorie counter, but non-pregnancy induced weight gain still gives me shivers. The bad news, not running has made a lot of my symptoms come back. And as I let my self loose on hummus and almond butter, I somehow let some real butter into the mix.

For a normal person, this wouldn't be a big deal, but since I need to keep my inflammation low, this was a problem.

To kick off the new season of biggest loser, I'm vowing to get my eating back in check and to find a healthy balance with exercise. I need to do it (read: HAVE TO) but I need to find a way not to get so extreme. Balance is key, right?

4 comments:

Chef Eureka said...

When I was younger I had a super high metabolism rate... all through high school and my early 20's I could never put on the weight... When I was 20 and pregnant with my older daughter I dropped to 108 (at 5'8").. talk about looking like a string bean.

The fate decided to throw a wicked wrench my way and I ended up gaining 60 pounds before she was born. I have the hardest time dropping any weight. I need to though.

I wish you the best of luck with your goals!

Jessica said...

I too struggle with wait loss. I am 5ft 4in and my normal weight from age 16-30 was 105. I have had 4 kids (that's right 4 babys came out of me) and the most my weight was 135. I lost it within 3 days though of having each baby. Last year I gained 25 lbs in 3 months. I don't know what happened but all of the sudden I had a figure. But for the last 2 months I have been losing weight. Again, no clue why. I am now at 124 lbs and I am trying to eat all I can to get back to 130. Wish me luck on my journey and I also wish you luck!

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

hum...It's never the gaining that causes me problems--it's the loosing! I think I gain just thinking about eating!

Mrs. B said...

I have the same problem. Especially when I used to run. I ate alot though!!!! Try and up your protien. I don't know if I would cut back on the running though. It does so many good things for you. I'd keep it to 3 times a week, at 30 minutes. And strength train. It does wonders for you. Back when I wanted to body build I couldn't gain weight....after years of trying I gave up. Then became a personal trainer, got married and quite working out...LOL.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...