Farewell to Summer

I can't help but feel a little sad as this summer comes to a close. No more berries. No more lazy days hiking through the forest and swimming at the pool. My son starts school tomorrow and my daughter starts dance.
Then there will be friends to play with and places to go....
The weather is going to get get colder quickly, and I'll relish the thought of them running around outside and enjoying the fresh warm days. No more shorts and sandals...it's time to start pulling out the jeans and sweaters.
The fall is a beautiful time....bring it on! But since this season marks an end to one of our seasons, it's extra sad...my baby is going to school and his sister is close behind. It goes so fast.....

5 comments:

HerMedia said...

Ahhh I must admit i LOVE autumn so I am looking forward to teh chilly evening, warm pjs and hot chocolate :)

thais. said...

Ohhh I am missing summer already :) I am not really good with cold temps. found on mbc and became your follower. come and visit me too: loveandolive.blogspot.com :)

maroon skye said...

I agree it's sad but, I do love the seasonal changes.

Monique said...

I am struggling with my love/hate relationship with autumn, as the kids have gone back to school, I miss them already! The house is much more quiet with only one around though.

Jessica-MomForHim said...

Everyone else seems so excited that school has started and summer is over, but not me. I'm glad I'm not the only one who will miss the lazy, carefree days of summer.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...