Teaching Preschoolers to Spell - Biggest Loser Style

It's no secret that The Biggest Loser is my all time favorite show.....in the whole world. I couldn't help but laugh today when we were working on a spelling lesson, when my kids said "look, we're just like the biggest loser."



I had them each work on writing out our sight words using our great drawing pad from Trix. My daughter used a Blue marker and my son a Black marker, so they were the blue and black team.

Obviously, neither of my children are rock stars when it comes to penmanship, but they were happy to face off as biggest loser contestants...all in the name of good spelling. :)

7 comments:

Jessica-MomForHim said...

They look like they're doing just fine! :-)

Momstart said...

that's pretty funny

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Children watch everything. It is funny what they remember.

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

How funny! That is so fun that they made a game out of it by creating the blue team and the black team.

blueviolet said...

I think they're writing so well!

Angela said...

Thank you everyone! I guess I just assume everyone else's kids can read chapter books and write so neatly and....

I have to make trades with my son to get him interested in school work...but that's a whole different discussion! He's remembering the words, sounding out words, and starting to do pretty well at spelling. :) All in all I think our work has paid off.

veronica said...

You'd be surprised. He looks like he has very good penmanship for his age.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...