Where do I find good high-value coupons

I've mentioned before that I do NOT save coupons that are less than 50c. I just don't use them. It's not worth the stress of keeping them, hunting for them, and making my other coupons more unorganized.

I save a lot of money on groceries by using coupons and a lot of that comes from using high dollar coupons (meaning more than $1 off) or coupons for FREE products. I get a lot of these. I even give them away on this blog!

But where do my coupons come from? Here is a rundown of where I get most of my coupons:

The sunday paper: I get a lot of coupons here, but I also toss alot from the paper. Our paper averages 3-4 really good coupons per week and 1 or 2 good freebie coupons per month. This is the place to get the most variety of coupons and some great high value ones, especially if you play the drug store games.

Print FREE Grocery Coupons at Home

Print coupons online: There are a bunch of great places to print coupons. Save on Groceries at Coupons.com!, and coolsavings.com, and smartsource.com. You can even print coupons from the box on the right hand side of this blog. Sometimes I get e-mail notifications about high value coupons directly from the company. Make a list of your favorite products, then check out their websites and sign up for their newsletters. They will often alert you of coupons, rebates, and other deals.

Contact companies: While you are siging up for the newsletter, go ahead and contact the company. Tell them how much you like their product and go ahead and ask for some coupons. Sometimes they will politely tell you that they do not give out coupons but most often they will mail you a few. I've gotten a lot of FREE product coupons this way. A LOT.

Join a word of mouth group: I usually get 1 free coupon per month from one of these wom groups. Vocalpoint.com, KraftFirstTaste.com, Pssst.com or Buzz Agent.

Look around the store: I find some some really good coupons at blinkies (little machines that spit out coupons) and on tearpads. If it's a product I want to buy, I will take a coupon and hold onto it until the product is on sale. When I do this, I try to take only 1 or 2 because it's not fair to other customers and it's not why stores put them out there. In the spirit of proper coupon etiquette, try to take only a few. :)

Magazines: I get a lot of magazines (for free...I post the free deals when they pop up, so you may want to check the deals section and look for any current offers) and they often have good coupons. One magazine that has a lot of coupons is All You. You can get this magazine at Walmart (or by subscription) and it's fairly inexpensive as far as magazines go.

Inside product packages: Every once in a while I will buy something and find a coupon inside or on the back of the box. This is rare for me, but it still happens. :)

Buying Coupons: I've actually bought coupons when I knew a great coupon was coming out. You can check Taylortownpreview to see the Sunday paper coupons one week in advance. She sells some there, but the best ones are gone right away. You can find coupons for sale at Couponclippers and ebay. Just be sure you aren't paying a lot to buy something you may not use. This is one of the ways people get 20-30 coupons of the same thing and end up doing major deals that only cost pennies on the dollar. Be careful not to overdo it! You can also buy multiple copies of the Sunday paper, but that creates a lot of waste and sorting trouble. The coupon sellers on ebay or clippers have already done all the work and it's a lot of times cheaper and easier than buying multiple papers.

Other great resources: Check out hotcouponworld.com or afullcup.com. These great sites are full of people that map out every deal for every store. They even get sales flyers weeks (and sometimes months) in advance and post them up so you can plan your sales. They also have coupon trading. I've never personally traded coupons, but you might want to check it out.
Well, there you have it. If you have any other great coupon sources you'd like to share, please pass them along!

8 comments:

Jessica-MomForHim said...

How often do you contact companies to ask for coupons? I did this last summer to start up my coupon stash, but wonder how often I can bother them? Do you ask more than once?

Angela said...

I've only contacted them once. But that seems to be enough. I get a lot more now just being on their newsletters.

Shsshorty7 said...

Most people have reported contacting companies ever 3 or 4 months. Some places are every 6 months.

Also if you want some help with deals please check out Hotcouponworld.com (forgive me if you don't want this posted) But they have awesome people who will break down transactions for you(including what coupons to use. And most of the major stores are listed. I've been a member for a few months and i'm saving tons..

Angela said...

Hot coupon world is great. The ladies there lay out deal for each and every store. It's a great place to find local deals! Thanks for the reminder.

Jennifer said...

Very good ideas for finding coupons. Thanks!

Karen said...

I don't throw away any coupon even if it is less than .50. There was a deal recently at Cub Foods where you bought $30 worth of Q-tips (12 boxes) and you received $27 back. Well, those .30/1 coupons that we got in our paper, made those q-tips free for me.

Plus our Cub Foods takes expired q's up to 5 months! Though you must know that as you found the best Cub Foods forum at Afullcup.com.

Thanks for sharing your blog...you can check mine out too if you want. MinnesotaCouponAdventure.blogspot.com

Angela said...

Karen,
I bet you are WAY more organized than I am. I have to keep only the big coupons or I would go crazy with too much paper! :)

I'm going to check out your blog right now. :)

Anonymous said...

I have a lot of fun going to our local recycling center. There are several of us that show up at different times - usually on Tuesdays as that is the "recycle pickup day" in town. I bring in my bag of papers for the week to recycle and replenish what I'll be taking out. I am making some new friends also. It helps to take in a box of candy (bought at a highly discounted price, of course) or a plate of cookies to show your appreciation. I am saving hundreds of dollars, blessing my older children, and have been able to donate many items to a local food pantry and I've only been doing this a couple of months.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...