Weed killer in our Water!

OMG did you see this article from the NY times about how much weed killer is being found in drinking water?!?!? Remember my post about theZuvo Water Purator and how it cleans up tap water? I'm thinking I need to contact them and see about getting one! I don't want to drink this (or any contaminants for that matter.)

Check out the map below of the most heavily contaminated areas. You can click on it to enlarge.

It makes me even more happy that there are green gardeners out there that are NOT using these chemicals. Thank you green friends!

5 comments:

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

This is why I stick to wine :) Joking! Scary news!

Angela said...

That's funny. But it's seriously disturbing. Remember Erin Brokovich?

Anonymous said...

this makes me angry. how hard is it to get clean water

Vicki said...

It is just ridiculous how everything seems tainted or changed in some way simply to save someone some money or make things easier for someone. We get preached to about being healthy, but we have stuff like this thrown back at us all the time!

Emelie said...

Whew! Nevada looks clear of weed killer...but that doesn't mean there aren't a variety of other scary things...plus you know Las vegas is in danger of complete drought someday so weedkiller is the least of our worries I guess ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...