Making Money Blogging: My blog actually made money!

I started this blog as a way to get out all the things I ever wanted to say. :) I'm an insomniac and I generally spend hours "talking" to myself and since starting my blog....my mind has been so much clearer. I just write down what I'd like to say, blog about it, and let it go! Phew! So much easier for me...and my family and friends! Blogging is nice because they can pick and choose when they want to listen. :)

But I put up ads on my blog, just because. Every penny counts, right? Well, amazingly, I got my first check from blogging today! I made $116.70 through shareasale. They were willing to accept my blog, even when it was so young. They did take a few weeks to respond to my application, but it was worth the wait. They have a $50 payment threshold and tons of great ads that don't require people to buy anything. I'm happy with that.

I also have adsense ads on the side. These make pennies a day, but I still think they're worth it. I pick up pennies I find on the ground, so I why wouldn't I let my blog pick up pennies. :) I'll keep you updated when I get my first Adsense check! You have to pass a $100 threshold, so it may be awhile. As an FYI--please don't click the adsense ads unless you are genuinely interested. And don't click them wildly, google discredits those. Thanks. :)

I'm also gaining little by little with Amazon. I love books. Okay...LOVE....books and I read a ton. Some books I read just for fun, but I usually read to learn something. All of the books in my Amazon Sidebar are books I LOVE. These are ones that I think everyone should read, at least once. But I'm not a big book owner. I only own 5 or 6 of these. I would recommend checking to see if your library has any of these books. If the wait is short, get them there. If not, you can always get them online, or go through my Amazon sidebar. :) I'm even a book reviewer now, so you'll see a book review (followed by a giveaway...love it!) on at least a monthly basis....I can only read so fast. :)

I also have a JuiceBoxJungle box on the right hand side. I have no idea how to tell if/when this ad network pays out, but if I ever figure it out...or I randomly get a check in the mail (lol), I'll let you know. I'm all about telling it like it is, so I'll let you know what I find out about making money with your blog.

I recently added a coupon bar on the right. You can Print Free Coupons just by clicking on the blue and red box to the right. They will also offer you a free newsletter that will update you when new coupons have been added. They have a lot of high quality (and high value) coupons there. This is where I print most of my coupons. So far, this seems to be a penny maker as well, but I'll update you when (and how much) they pay out. The coupons are hosted through commission junction. I originally applied to them and was denied. They accepted me the second time around.

In case you are wondering, my blog is about 3 months old (as of this post). I get about 7500 unique hits per month. Why they only focus on unique visitors is beyond me. I value my repeat readers! Amazingly, a lot of my traffic comes through google searches. Who knew? A special thanks to my sister-in-law who initially taught me how to set up google analytics for blog tracking.


But one of the coolest things about having my blog? I've met a ton of great "like-minded" people. People who like to save money, but are also concerned about waste. :) I've checked out their sites and found more great recipes (love it!) and new ways to save!

I'll keep posting the randomness of my life (cuz that's what I do) and a few deals here and there. Why do I post the deals? Well....it started out being an easy way for me to tell my sisters (and sisters in law) about great deals. It was easy just to post rather than retype and fill up their inboxes. Now, I'm hoping that they are beneficial to my readers too. :)

Why don't I post every deal I find? There are already tons of freebie sites and places to find freebies. I actually get most of my freebie deals from my own inbox, thanks to company newsletters. But I don't sign up for most freebies. Not all of them are legit and a lot of them are redundant or wasteful (see more here.) I only post about the freebies and deals that I personally sign up for.

I will post the occasional rebate. I fill out rebates, but not as often as I'd like. We have a very unreliable mailman, so I limit my rebates to things I really need. :)

If anyone wants to know more about my ad networks or has had success with a newbie blog, feel free to leave me a comment. Any advice? I'm always open to that!



2 comments:

Midday Escapades said...

Angela, thanks so much for this post! I am brand new and trying to figure this all out. Your blog, header and button, it all looks great. One day, I aspire for mine to be as good.

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Thanks for the tips! I'm a new blogger too and never really considered making money this way. Your blog is great BTW. I'm going to go check out Shareasale. I've started using Google AdSense, but I think I've only accumulated about 24 cents!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...