I've never regretted a run....

I didn't want to run today. I had so many good excuses why I shouldn't do it. I was almost convinced, and decided to read a fitness magazine, just in case it would get me motivated. Near the end, there was a story from a woman that used swimming to get through her divorce.

She said that she had never regretted a swim. Sometimes, when she was swimming, she felt like at least she knew what she was doing at that moment. I could totally relate. Sometimes, I feel like running is the only thing I really have control over. I can force myself to do it, even when I can barely breathe. I can keep going even when I totally want to puke. It's almost always tough, but when it's over I've never regretted running. That's something I can't honestly say for all other activities in my life.

So that's my new motto: I have never regretted a run....

3 comments:

GreedyGirl said...

This a great post, I'm working on a motivational piece for my blog www.greedygirlsguide.com and will definitely be linking to this post. So look out for the trackback

Angela said...

Thanks! I appreciate it. By the way, love the focus of your blog. :)

GreedyGirl said...

Thanks I wrote my "I never regretted" post last night http://greedygirlsguide.akilahthompkinspmp.com/i-never-regretted

I think this is a such a great concept I've encouraged all to adopt the motto

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...