I almost bit the dust!


I took my son to his 5 year old appointment this morning. As soon as we stepped into the lobby, I remembered we had forgot his urine sample. (eyes rolling) Yep, you heard it, a urine sample. This is what you have to look forward to as your kids get older.

So, I told the kids to stay in the lobby and I ran out the door. Either I wasn't looking or he was driving too fast, but in either event, a large red van came zooming around the corner and missed me by mere centimeters. Oh the dangers of running!

I almost got to cross flying off my bucket list (and everything else!) On my way back to the clinic, I kept thinking how lucky I would have been to have been hit on the way to the car instead of the way back...when I was carrying urine.

You just never know how or when it's going to happen! Thanfully, for me, it wasn't today!

2 comments:

Jessica-MomForHim said...

Whew! That's why we all need to be ready with Christ, not putting it off until tomorrow or until we're "good enough". We'll never be good enough, but HE loves us anyway. :-)

Lydia said...

Wow, glad you are okay! And you strike me funny- you were glad you didn't have the urine with you. Way to look on the bright side!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...