How does a couch potato become a runner?

It's no secret that I'm lazy when it comes to exercising. I've owned a treadmill for almost 3 years and up until the last 9 months I used it maybe a handful of times. I would walk on it every so often, but I really had no motivation to use it regularly.

Then everything changed and I began walking on the treadmill 3 times a week. That was great exercise for me but I really had no goals of taking it further (or faster). But one day, I was watching The Biggest Loser (my favorite show) and I saw the contestants running. Not walking, not jogging....RUNNING!

I decided right then and there that if they could run, then I could run. Seriously, what type of excuse could I come up with if people 3 times my size with a myriad of health problems could start running. So the next time I hopped on the treadmill, I ran. And I was horrible. I suddenly remembered that I had asthma (as a kid) and that my knees hurt and blah, blah, blah. I ran through it and well, the rest is history. I now run at least 4 miles, 3 days a week. It can be done! But I recommend you start slow and look into interval training. Basically, walking for a few minutes, then running as long as you can, then walking, and repeat. Even the laziest couch potato (me) can run.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i still dont think i could run. maybe ill try next time thogh

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...