Grocery shopping - Under $20 for a family of 4

Last week, I shopped at Sams Club...to pick up a few essentials. This week, I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon and learn how to menu plan.

It's been harder than I thought (I'm hopelessly disorganized), but I went shopping in accordance with my menu plan.
Can you guess what I'll be making? Don't worry about our lack of pretty much any protein or other ingredients. I have a lot stocked up from previous sales. :) You can see all my weekly shopping trips by clicking here. I'm also swimming in fresh veggies from the garden. I have 200 tomatoes on my counter right now, and don't even get me started on the zucchini.
So how much did I spend? $19.36 What were the spendies? An 8oz bottle of vanilla, whole wheat flour, organic egg roll wrappers and olive oil. All the rest were great deals! I used $9 worth of coupons for a savings of 32% (not my highest savings, but that's okay.)
Just so you know....fresh produce CAN be super inexpensive. The peppers (for fresh salsa...so excited) were only 2 cents. Yes, 2 cents! The cilantro was 50c and the lettuce and carrots were 99c each. The garlic was 22c. The bags of cabbage were on sale for 50c each. Ordinarily, I would cut my own fresh cabbage but this price can't be beat. You CAN buy a lot of great ingredients for just pennies! Check out my weekly shopping because this is what I do all the time!

3 comments:

Ann said...

You are so inspiring!

I'll be following you :->

ApachesPrincess said...

Great prices!! We have loads of tomatoes from the garden as well, enjoy yours!!

dddiva said...

You are totally rocking the savings- keep it up and hopefully you will rub off on me.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...