Groceries --Under $50-- plus $25 in rebates/coupons

This week we spent $48.99 on groceries, originally $85.88. I just squeaked under our target of $50 (for a family of 4). We saved $36.89 or 43% by using coupons.

I took advantage of the Kraft/SuperValu deal which means I got an extra $5 coupon to use on my next purchase and a $20 mail in rebate form. I never count on rebates, so I'm not deducting it from our weekly total. And the other coupon is for next time so that doesn't count either. I am happy to have them though.

Also, I only bought things from the rebate deal we actually needed. You can see in the picture that I bought a lot of shredded cheese, string cheese, and deli meat. All things I would have bought anyway, and all at good sale prices. I could have made a profit if I had bought 10 boxes of trisquits, but I've learned that lesson the hard way. I no longer stock up heavily on things we only want to eat in limited quantity...it always gets eaten more often than it should.

You may be asking...Do we really eat that much bread each week. Nope. All of that bread went into the freezer. Whenever it the whole grain, no-HFCS bread goes on sale, I stock up.

What were my spendies? There's an $8 bottle of tahini in the back. $8!! I was just happy to finally find it. I'm on a mission to make my own hummus and eventually save money doing it. I did some math at the store and I'll break even on these first batches. But when I get a food processor, I'm going to make my own tahini and save a bunch on hummus. Okay, now I'm hungry.

Any other spendies? Aluminum-free baking powder, clementines, and some chicken. Everything else was a great deal. :)

Take a look below to see what we got.


Click on the photos to enlarge


4 comments:

Jessica-MomForHim said...

I wish that deal were available where I live!! We go through cheese and deli meat like there's no tomorrow!!! :-(

Mary Ann said...

You did great!The tahini should last you a long time. I ran out a while back and have been making hummus without it, although the tahini does give it a more authentic taste! The produce looks so pretty!

lifeissweet said...

Hey Angela,
You can substitute toasted sesame oil for the tahini if you run out. This is much cheaper and I keep on hand for stir fry, unlike the tahini!

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ulabusuhu.virtue.nu/domakaz.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...