Back to Running....and Making Progress!

I wrote here about losing too much weight. Thanks to all of you that commented with all your great advice. I decided to take some of that advice and start running again.

I took 2 weeks off from running. I tried to focus on yoga and stretching, but I really missed running. And I started losing feeling in arms and legs again. I felt so disorganized and out of sorts, but I wasn't ready to jump back in. I was so focused on the scale.

It was a combination of realizing that weight is just a number and the good freestyle running I did at the end of last week. It spurred me to run on Saturday (yes a Saturday!) and jump start my routine again.

So I ran this morning. I had a goal of 5 miles. Unreal, right? Well, I planned to run ala tunes, and break all barriers. But alas, I couldn't get the iPod to work. I've really got to get with the times. When you can't even work an iPod, then you know you've got trouble.

So I ran sans tunes, and tried my best to get to 5 miles. I didn't make it, but I did run farther than I've ever run. Wahoo!
My goal was to make it to 5 miles by the end of summer, but I think I'm going to extend that goal. I don't want to increase distance too quickly because I don't want to get injured. What if I pull something and can't run for months. Oh barf. I don't want to even think about it.

But back to the weight loss. What impact did 2 weeks without running have on my weight? Here's what the wii has to say:

I've decided to run when I want to and eat what I want to. If the scale keeps dropping....then I guess I'll have to go shopping again. Not so bad, right? Maybe I can post a giveaway for the clothes I grew out of. I'm not sure, that might be illegal. Who knows. But unless I get or feel sick at my new lower weight, I'm just going to roll with it. I'm going to stay active, eat healthy, and attack all chocolate that dares cross my path.

Oh...and I'm going to stop recycling my free-chocolate coupons. Yep, you heard it. I was tossing out all good chocolate coupons that came my way. What kind of insanity is this? Suburban Jungle? More like Suburban Psych Ward! But I have been known to buy 36 free candy bars at a time. And someone has to eat those!

Usually, my husband will take one (or 20) for the team. But I guess it's my turn to step up and eat some of the goodies. It maybe okay for my weight and definitely good for my soul! Bring on the chocolate love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...