She's so Glamorous!

My daughter is so glamorous! And I'm not just saying that. She loves everything pink and sparkly. As soon as she wakes up in the morning, she puts on all her jewelry and hair clips before she can leave the room.

She loves to be painted and shines like a Christmas tree if I let her put on some blush. This combined with her endless talking means we are in for big trouble when she's a teenager. We joke that my son will eat us out of house and home, but she's going to want a cell phone some day! And make up and jewelry and clothing! Yikes!

But I wonder how she got so glamorous? I have 2 sisters and of the three of us I've always been the nerdiest. And it's not just because I eat hummus and recycle. Okay, maybe a little. Seriously though, I just don't have the genes for style (or rhythm....so sad).

I'm working on improving my sense of style. I've been out shopping recently and I've made more of an effort to accessorize. Just the other day we were outside and I could hear a group of 12 year old girls discussing my outfit. One of them said "I just love that top!". And then one of the girls came up to me and said "I totally love your earrings". Well, that's a change. Tween girls are usually up on the latest fashions so I'm taking it as a compliment. I fully realize it could mean I'm shopping in all the wrong places, but as I'm still learning, I'm going to take it as a compliment.

Today, my daughter drew another picture of me. I had whiskers again (could it be any other way?) but this time she gave me some very obvious earrings.

By the way, this picture of my daughter reminds me of how Michael Jackson would cover his children's faces with funny masks so people couldn't see what they really look like. I don't like to show pictures of my kids (since they don't have a choice in the matter) but she's covered with a cat picture because this is a picture we took so she could see what she'd look like as a cat. That's still what she wants to be when she grows up. LOL

1 comments:

Lydia said...

There is something incredibly sweet about a girly girl!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...