Homemade Bread

I've had limited success making bread over the last 7 years. Yep, that's how long I've been trying. I can make cakes and muffins with the best of them, but bread still eludes me. I've tried countless recipes, but to no avail.

This bread recipe has been the one that has turned out the best for me. Can anyone see what may be wrong in the recipe? Or maybe it's just me....most likely, but I'm going to keep trying.

Homemade Bread
1 cup tepid water
1 1/3 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp oil
1 cup whole wheat four
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 Tbsp salt
2 tsp yeast

Mix and knead ingredients, then place in greased loaf pan to rise until doubled in size. Bake at 425* for 25 minutes.


I'd love to hear any great bread recipes, especially those using whole grains and little to no sweeteners. Lydia at the Thrifty Frugal Mom offered me one to try, and I'm excited to report my results...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...