Grilled Zucchini ~ Fresh from the Garden

We harvested our first zucchini today! It's so small, but I wanted to get it before the chipmunks. While the image of a small chipmunk lugging off a zucchini would be worth the loss, chances are they would steal it while I wasn't looking. And then it would not be worth it.

So I picked it. I like to make zucchini by grilling it. It's so easy. You can use a george foreman grill like I did here. Or you can use a real grill, or even a saute pan on the stove top.

Just wash and slice the zucchini in long strips. Spray with a little olive oil spray, sprinkle with garlic and pepper, and cook on both sides until it's soft. It's so good.

I've seen so many great recipes for raw zucchini noodles and I'm dying to make them. I'm waiting for my swagbucks to add up so I can buy a spiralizer and a food processor. Then I'll make some raw zucchini noodles and raw almond butter and post my results.

I may attempt it without a spiralizer if we get a bumper crop of zucchini. Otherwise, we're going to enjoy a summer full of grilled zucchini.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...