Gooseberry Palooza

While strolling in the forest today, we came across an endless supply of gooseberries! Who knew? We apparently have two varieties and the plants seem to be very prolific. We have the smooth gooseberries, seen here in my son's hand. And we have the prickly gooseberries as well.


I was surprised to see how thorny the bushes were. The berries aren't ripe quite yet, but should be ready by the end of July. Did that stop us from tasting them? Of course not. They were super sour! I've read that they taste a bit like grapes when they are ripe. We're going to gather a bunch and eat them later this summer. My son is especially worried about the prickly ones. He isn't quite sure how we're going to eat them with the prickles on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...