Do you have the Thyme for a Tasty potato recipe?

I've been itching to use the fresh herbs in my garden. Luckily, I came across this great recipe for Crunchy Thyme Potatoes. They were excellent! I cut the topping amounts in half because I only had 2 potatoes. But they were two monstrous potatoes, so I think I should have kept the amount the same. Check out her pictures because they look so much tastier on her site.

Other than that, the only other change I made was to use olive oil instead of butter (since I need to limit saturated fat) and I used fresh thyme (double the amount of dried).

They were so good. My children called them cheesy potatoes, which completely surprised me since there wasn't an ounce of cheese on them. I had read that you could substitute bread crumbs for cheese, and now I see why. I just may be doing that more often. But...shhhh...don't tell my husband!

Thank you The Thrifty, Frugal Mom!

1 comments:

Lydia said...

Glad you enjoyed them! And I think your picture looks just fine. (Like your catchy title.)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...