Berries by the handful

Our raspberries are finally ready. At first we were losing the berries to the birds...and you know who. Then I netted them all off and we are now getting berries by the handful. We've been enjoying wild red and heritage red raspberries. And handfuls of wild black raspberries.


July is always so much fun because the berries start to go crazy. Our blueberries are just about ready. We've already eaten a couple, and today we were able to eat a few gooseberries. They turn purple when they are ready. And they are really good! Who knew?

We are still waiting on our purple royalty and fallgold raspberries to ripen. I netted them in advance so hopefully we won't lose any.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of your blueberries.

Jessica-MomForHim said...

I haven't seen any berry beginnings on my raspberries...am I doing something wrong? They were planted at least 2 years ago, and I think it was 3 years ago, so they should bear fruit this year, right?

Your pictures are beautiful!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...