Banana Raspberry Muffins ~ Half the sugar of Regular Muffins

I like to play around with recipes. Cutting the sugar in half, is one of my favorite changes to make. This is our favorite banana nut muffin recipe. You can make them with or without the raspberries (or nuts), but we love them with all the extras.

Banana Raspberry Muffins

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1 cup mashed banana
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 cup oil (1/4 cup if using paper liners)
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
20-40 raspberries
2 Tbsp flax (optional)
I mix all the ingredients, then pop 2-6 raspberries in each muffin and put them in the oven. 350* for 12-17 minutes depending on the size of muffins made. Cook until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

I made muffin tops in this photo, but I've also made them as mini-muffins and regular sized. My children love muffin tops, so I make them often. I used this pan, Chicago Metallic Gourmetware Original Muffin Top Pan and honestly it's the only non-stick pan I have that has been truly "non-stick".

5 comments:

Veronica Chapp said...

those look yummy. just like muffin tops.

check out my new design blog:
veronicachapp.blogspot.com

I still have to make my own banner, but the rest of it is there.

Lydia said...

I'm with you on cutting the sugar...I was thinking of doing a post on that sometime. Those muffins look so yummy!

Angela said...

They are super yummy! I know the raspberries to add some "sugar" back in, but they also add vitamins, fiber, and overall tastiness.

You should post on cutting sugar. It's something everyone should know and experiment with. We really don't need all the sugar that most recipes call for and the more people that talk about it, the better. :)

Scrapingirl said...

These look so tasty. But if they are called banana muffins, where are the bananas? Did I miss something? :)

Angela said...

Whoa! How's that for a typing error! Thanks for catching this. there should be 1 cup of mashed banana in there!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...