A 2 Mile Hike in the Rain!

Yesterday I took my children on a 2 mile hike.....through the forest....in the middle of a rain storm. And it was the most fun we have ever had on a hike!

How do I know it's 2 miles? The same reason I know my daughter's walking speed is 1mph....when you are a stay at home mom, sometimes you need to make your own excitement, know what I mean?

So what made it so fun? I think it was the wildness of it all! We ran through the forest, splashed in puddles, saved drowning worms, and just had a great time! We may have even found a sport my son likes, cross-country running. I've never seen him run so fast and so free! We will definitely have to add trail running to our list of summer activities.

It was so much fun to be wet and filthy. :) We saved so many worms, and we found this:




In case you are wondering, this is either fox or coyote scat (by the original size and form I'm guessing fox). We were so excited to find it on our walk, and my kids were amazed at what was inside. I didn't have my camera out in the rain, so this picture is taken post-rain, and the scat has obviously broken apart, but the contents are the same.


Just bones and fur. How amazingly efficient their bodies are! You can see a close up of one of the bones. We tried to guess what he had eaten. A bunny? A squirrel or Chipmunk? Not our chipmunk...he did more damage in the garden today so he is still alive and well.

Next time it's raining, don't count out an outside adventure. It just may be the most fun you've had in a long while. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...