Oatmeal Pecan Waffles

We love breakfast at our house. I could never imagine skipping or forgetting to eat breakfast. I've been experimenting with different flours and other add-ins when making all of our breakfast favorites.

This morning I made oatmeal pecan waffles. They were super tasty, but fell apart much easier than our usual whole wheat waffles. I ground old fashioned oatmeal to make oat flour, added a handful of chopped pecans, a little vanilla, and of course, ground flax.


I made a quick berry topping by heating strawberries, blueberries and cinnamon until they berries were crushed.


Then I put it all together with some fat-free whipped cream.



The kids and I loved these. I think our favorites are still the whole wheat and ground almond waffles, but I'll definitely make these again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...