I love Oatmeal


I could eat oatmeal every morning! But not the instant oatmeal kind. It's in okay stand-by but I prefer the old fashioned type. One of these days, I'm going to splurge and try steel-cut oats. But until then, this is the way I prefer it. Old fashioned oats, flax (of course), raisins and walnuts. Nothing but whole food goodness.

My kids are usually so hungry in the morning (and all day) that they can hardly wait to eat their food. But oatmeal is so hot...what's a mom to do? I used to put an ice cube in their bowl and let it cool the oatmeal down. But seriously, who likes runny oatmeal?

I found a better solution. I drop some frozen berries in. This morning I added a handful of frozen blueberries and strawberries. The berries defrosted quickly and made a very tasty breakfast. My kids loved it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...