Confession

I eat random things from our forest. For most things, I'm fairly certain that they are safe. But not always. I ate a "wild strawberry" in my sister's forest and it turned out not to be a strawberry! I survived, but still.

I've eaten pine nuts out of pine cones and sampled numerous berries and "weeds" that I've seen on raw food websites. I was tempted to try one of these on the Half Moon Cay island....

They turned out to be yellow elderberries...totally safe but not at all ripe yet. Could it be pica..the odd desire to eat inedible things? I don't think so. I like to pretend I'm a survivor, trying to make it on my own in the wilderness. Or a lone survivor on a deserted island. Totally weird fantasies, but such is life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...